The following list of published research articles is intended to serve as a resource for study of inflammatory myopathies.
- Lisa Rider, MD, Frederick Miller, Md, PhD. Deciphering the Clinical Presentations, Pathogensis, and Treatment of the Idopathic Inflammatory Myopathies. JAMA, January 12, 2011 - Vol 305(2): 1183-190.
- Lucy R. Wedderburn, Lisa G. Rider. Juvenile dermatomyositis: new developments inpathogenesis, assessment and treatment. Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology. 23 (2009) 665-678.
- Rider, Lachenbruch, Monroe, Ravelli, Cabalar, Feldman, Villalba, Myones, Pachman, Rennebohm, Reed and Miller for the IMACS Groups. Damage Extent and Predictors in Adult Juvenile Dermatomyositis and Polymyositis as determined with the myositis damage index. Arthritis & Rheumatism; vol. 60, No. 11, November 2009, pp 3425-3435. DOI 10.1002/art.24904.
- Adam M. Huber. Advances in Pathogensis, Evaluation and Treatment. IWK Health Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Pediatr Drugs 2009; 11 (6); 361-374 "The pdf of the paper in this link has been provided with permission of Adis, a Wolters Kluwer business, for personal research purposes only. © Adis Data Information BV 2009."
2006 - 2007
- Stringer E, Feldman BM. Advances in the treatment of juvenile dermatomyositis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2006;18:503-6.
- Mamyrova G, Kleiner DE, James-Newton L, Shaham B, Miller FW, Rider LG. Late-Onset Gastrointestinal Pain in Juvenile Dermatomyositis as a Manifestation of Ischemic Ulceration From Chronic Endarteropathy. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2007 Jun;57(5):881-884.
- Brown VE, Pilkington CA, Feldman BM, Davidson JE. Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Centre, Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK. An international consensus survey of the diagnostic criteria for juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM). Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Feb 8 [Epub ahead of print]
- Chiu SK, Yang YH, Wang LC, Chiang BL. Ten-year experience of juvenile dermatomyositis: a retrospective study . Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection. 2007;40:68-73.
2001 - 2005
- Tomono N, Mori M, Nakajima S, Miyamae T, Ito S, Mitsuda T, Yokota S. HLA-DRB1*15021 Is the Predominant Allele in Japanese Patients with Juvenile Dermatomyositis. Journal of Rheumatology 2004 September; 31(9):1847-50.
- Sarkar K and Miller FW. Possible roles and determinants of microchimerism in autoimmune and other disorders. Autoimmune Review 2004 August; 3(6):454-63.
- Smith RL, Sundberg J, Shamiyah E, Dyer A, Pachman LM. Skin involvement in juvenile dermatomyositis is associated with loss of end row nailfold capillary loops. Journal of Rheumatology 2004 August; 31(8):1644-9.
- Wedderburn LR, Li CK. Paediatric idiopathic inflammatory muscle disease. Best Practice and Research/Clinical Rheumatology 2004 June; 18(3):345-58.
- Rennebohm RM et al. Normal scores for nine maneuvers of the Childhood Myositis Assessment Scale. Arthritis and Rheumatism 15 June 2004; 51(3):365-70.
- Huber AM et al. Validation and clinical significance of the Childhood Myositis Assessment Scale for assessment of muscle function in the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Arthritis and Rheumatism 2004 May; 50(5):1595-603.
- Maillard SM, Jones R, Owens C, Pilkington C, Woo P, Wedderburn LR, Murray KJ. Quantitative assessment of MRI T2 relaxation time of thigh muscles in juvenile dermatomyositis. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2004 May; 43(5):603-8.
- Reed AM. Chimerism in myositis. Current Rheumatology Reports 2003; 5:421-424.
- Mendez EP, Lipton R, Ramsey-Goldman R, Roettcher P, Bowyer S, Dyer J, Pachman LM. US incidence of juvenile dermatomyositis, 1995-1998: results from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases registry. Arthritis and Rheumatism 15 June 2003; 49 (3): 300-305.
- Rider, LG. Calcinosis in juvenile dermatomyositis: pathogenesis and current therapies. Pediatric Rheumatology Online Journal 2003 April.
- Case discussion - juvenile dermatomyositis. Pediatric Rheumatology Online Journal 2003 April.
- Rennebohm R. Juvenile dermatomyositis. Pediatric Annals 7 July 2002; 31:426-433.
1996 - 2000
- Al-Mayouf S et al. Efficacy of early treatment of severe juvenile dermatomyositis with intravenous methylprednisolone and methotrexate. Clinical Rheumatology 2000; 19: 138-141.
- Artlett CM, Ramos R, Jiminez SA, Patterson K, Miller FW, Rider LG. Chimeric cells of maternal origin in juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Lancet 23/30 December 2000; 356:2155-2156.
- Reed AM, Picornell YJ, Harwood A, Kredich DW. Chimerism in children with juvenile dermatomyositis. Lancet 23/30 December 2000; 356:2156-2157.
1991 - 1995
- Sansome A et al. Intravenous immunoglobulin in juvenile dermatomyositis - four year review of nine cases. Archives of Disease in Childhood 1995; 72: 25-28.
- Miller LC et al. Methotrexate treatment of recalcitrant childhood dermatomyositis. Arthritis and Rheumatism 1992; 35 (10): 1143-1149.
- Lang BA et al. Treatment of dermatomyositis with intravenous gammaglobulin. The American Journal of Medicine 1991; 91: 169-172.
1980 - 1990
- Heckmatt J et al. Cyclosporin in juvenile dermatomyositis. Lancet 1989; i: 1063-1069.